Tuesday 29 July 2014

San Diego Comic Con 2014

For some the San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) is a big event, and while it does showcase film, TV, comic, game and general media news, I never get too hyped for it. This is partly due to it being such a big event and that so much is announced that I have trouble knowing what's happened. But it is also because whilst I do obsess over media, like any good geek, it is mainly gaming that I strive to stay up to date with.

Regardless of this I do keep an eye out for news that interests me, in this post I thought I would round-up the things that peaked my interest.
More than a few clever cosplayers around.
Films

  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will be coming to theaters on July 28th 2017, this more annoys me then interests me. How can the sequel have been scheduled before the first has seen release?
  • There was a trailer for Avengers:Age of Ultron and apparently it has a very dark tone. I can't wait to catch a glimpse myself as this description of it sounds amazing.
  • Horns is an upcoming murder mystery film starring Daniel Radcliffe. He plays a man as a man growing horns (normal?) following his girlfriends disappearance; things get weirder still, as people around him start to act rather odd. I checked out the trailer and think it looks rather promising. Who said Radcliffe would be typecast as a adolescent wizard all his life?
TV
  • Constantine after the rather disappointing film a few years ago I'm surprised to see this getting a reboot. But from the trailer it looks good, very supernatural, mysterious and maybe even spooky. After recently being rather disappointed with American Horror Story: Asylum  perhaps I can get my shivers here instead.
  • Gotham is something which I have paid very little attention to, which is odd considering I'm a massive Batman fan. I put this down to not being too interested in Batman's early years, let alone anything before he takes upon the mantle. Yet, after watching the new trailer I feel like I perhaps should be paying attention, as it looks like it could be impressive.

Comics
  • This surely wasn't a surprise for anyone, the Jokers coming back to Batman comics with Scott Snyder's Endgame story arc. Not yet sure how I feel about this, he may be my favorite character, but his 'death' at the end of Death of the Family felt rather appropriate. I will see when the arc begins in October.
  • A comic series will be released as an official sequel to the 1999 film Galaxy Quest. I loved this film and a return to the story is long overdo. Also announced is a crossover between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters, which I can't even begin to imagine and soon won't have to. (Article about both here)
Games 
  • Firefly Online was shown and although not an MMO fan I can't wait for this. I love everything about Firefly except, of course for it's cancellation.


If you think I've missed something, or you have a stand out moment of SDCC then let me know in the comments section.



Cosplay image from GoNintendo.


2 comments:

  1. OMG this sounds great and I CANNOT wait for Firefly online - didn't know this at all!

    http://fairytaleprettypicture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firefly Online sounds amazing, apparently the original cast appear in some way/shape or form. Plus Nathan Fillion was in the trailer... Shiny.

      Delete

Hey I love to hear from my readers and promise to respond to any and all comments. Even the silly ones: actually especially the silly ones.

If you liked this...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

If you liked this...