Sunday 3 August 2014

Packing list for Tokyo

I will  freely admit that I am not a planner, in fact I absolutely detest thinking too far ahead. Don't get me wrong, I think through what I'm going to do, but as I like things to be a surprise I prefer to stay in the moment.

This isn't a very good idea when you are travelling; especially when that travelling takes you cross the globe. So with more than a little help from the wonderful Amy I have compiled a packing list.

If you are looking for inspiration for your own packing, or are just feeling a little nosey, then take a look. Also if you have any suggestions concerning all things long-haul, leave them in the comments below.

Suitcase

  • 4 light shirts and trousers (I'm lucky as I'm staying with friends that I will have access to washing machines)
  • 5 small reporter notebooks plus pens (I am after all a writer).
  • Chargers for my camera, tablet, phone and many more
  • Shower supplies and toiletries in clear bottles
  • Hat, sandles and other items that will make me stand out as a tourist
  • Insect repellent

Hand luggage
  • Passport
  • Confirmation letters for flight, hotel, directions Etc.
  • Itinerary (which Amy is keeping hold of as I'm not to be trusted)
  • Notebook
  • Tablet
  • Headphones
  • Phone
  • Neck pillow, which may kill my neck more than nothing at all
  • Snacks for the plane (the most important part)
I have to admit I am rather proud of my planning. One point I am dreading is the passport check; as I have lost quite a bit of weight since it was taken.

Overall I am super hyped and by the time you have read this I shall be well on my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey I love to hear from my readers and promise to respond to any and all comments. Even the silly ones: actually especially the silly ones.

If you liked this...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

If you liked this...